The Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) is the authority that accredits pharmacy education and training in Australia and New Zealand on behalf of the Pharmacy Board of Australia (PBA) and the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand (PCNZ). We maintain the high standards of pharmacy education and assess the competency of Australian intern and overseas pharmacists as part of our role to protect the public. This is to ensure pharmacists have the skills and knowledge to deliver effective health care that meets the changing needs of the community.
APC is the authority that ensures:
- our future pharmacists trained in Australia are work-ready
- fully-trained pharmacists from overseas who want to work in Australia meet our standards in pharmacy
- the university sector and other education providers are delivering the right curriculum that educates future graduates with evidence-based pharmacy programs
- the Australian community can have confidence in the nation’s pharmacy sector.
The values of APC are:
- independence and high ethical standards
- honesty and transparency
- accountability to clients and stakeholders
- evidence-based decision making and benchmarking
- high quality business processes and outcomes
- continuous improvement
- collaborative models of leadership