The Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) is the authority that accredits pharmacy education and training in Australia and New Zealand on behalf of the Pharmacy Board of Australia (PBA) and the Pharmacy Council of New Zealand (PCNZ). We maintain the high standards of pharmacy education and assess the competency of Australian intern and overseas pharmacists as part of our role to protect the public. This is to ensure pharmacists have the skills and knowledge to deliver effective health care that meets the changing needs of the community.
Advancing and assuring quality in pharmacy education
Lead accreditation and assessment of education of the pharmacy sector nationally and internationally
APC is the authority that ensures:
- our future pharmacists trained in Australia are work-ready
- fully-trained pharmacists from overseas who want to work in Australia meet our standards in pharmacy
- the university sector and other education providers are delivering the right curriculum that educates future graduates with evidence-based pharmacy programs
- the Australian community can have confidence in the nation’s pharmacy sector.
The values of APC are:
- Respect We treat all people with courtesy, compassion and tolerance and all situations are handled in a timely manner.
- Fair We treat everyone in an impartial, equitable, ethical, sensitive and just manner.
- Transparent We are open, honest and trustworthy in all we do. We take responsibility for our actions.
- Creative We encourage originality, enquiry, risk taking, critical thinking and diversity. We are constantly striving for excellence.
- Supportive We care about our fellow team members and stakeholders. We own and learn from our mistakes, build resilience and celebrate success.
- Life Long Learning We encourage intellectual curiosity and ongoing personal and professional development.