Jobs at the Australian Pharmacy Council
The Australian Pharmacy Council is a rewarding workplace. When there are job opportunities, we will advertise them on this webpage and on Twitter.
If you would like to register your interest in working for the APC please submit your resume via email.
Interested in professional accreditation and/or higher education quality assurance? Want to use your skills within a professional and dynamic organisation in the health sector?
We are recruiting for a Director of Accreditation to manage the accreditation of pharmacy education programs. This position reports to the Executive Director Professional Services.
In this position you will responsible for:
- Providing high quality accreditation services for pharmacy education programs across Australia and New Zealand
- Managing and leading accreditation Site Evaluation Teams and audit visits to education providers
- Developing and maintaining contemporary accreditation policies, procedures, processes, practices and the systems that support these
- Identifying and fostering relationships with education and professional leaders to ensure appropriately qualified Site Evaluation Teams are assembled for accreditation visits
- Acting as Secretariat for the Accreditation Committee
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with key stakeholders, particularly education providers, pharmacy organisations, government departments and other accreditation authorities
- Representing the APC on external working groups and committees where required
- Providing high quality, regular support and supervision for team members
To be successful, you will:
- Have experience in higher education, professional accreditation or quality assurance
- Be able to develop and implement quality assurance processes and systems
- Have strong communication skills including the ability to build and maintain strong, effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Be able to work effectively with high level committees for the purposes of quality improvement.
- Have a high level written and oral communication skills
- Be able to pay close attention to detail while working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Be able to work independently and cooperatively and to manage team members
This position entails significant interstate and some international travel.
If you are looking for a role where you can implement your quality assurance, higher education and/or accreditation experience, please apply now with a cover letter and a detailed resume of your experience.
Benefits of working with the APC include:
- contribute to the quality of pharmacy education and healthcare in Australia
- work in a dynamic environment with high performing teams
- modern office environment with free parking (from March 2017 at Majura Park)
- access to training and development opportunities
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your interest in, and suitability for, the role.
For more information about this position you can:
- contact Helen Roben, Executive Director Corporate Services on 02 6262 9628; or
- email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 5pm, Friday 27 January.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.