Pharmacy academics and experienced pharmacists are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for a Technical Working Group (TWG) to advise on the table of specifications for the Knowledge Assessment of Pharmaceutical Sciences (KAPS) Examination.
Overseas trained pharmacists seeking registration as pharmacists in Australia must first be assessed by the Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) before commencing the process for registration with the Pharmacy Board of Australia (PharmBA).
The APC delivers two different examinations for overseas trained pharmacists. Applicants from countries considered not to be comparable to Australia, with regard to training, registration processes and pharmacy practice environment, take Stream A and sit the KAPS examination.
Technical Working Group
The Australian Pharmacy Council (APC) is reviewing the Knowledge Assessment of Pharmaceutical Sciences (KAPS) Examination and has established a Technical Working Group to:
- provide technical input for a revised table of specifications for the KAPS examination
- assist APC ensure that the table of specifications is aligned to the purpose of the KAPS examination
- assist APC to incorporate stakeholder feedback on the revised table of specifications
- ultimately produce a revised table of specifications that is fit for purpose.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for highly motivated individuals for the following positions on the Technical Working Group:
- a pharmacy academic with demonstrated experience in teaching and assessment of the pharmaceutical sciences
- a pharmacy academic with demonstrated experience in teaching and assessment of pharmacy practice
- a community or hospital based pharmacist - demonstrated experience in writing and reviewing questions for examinations delivered by the APC would be advantageous.
We will look favourably on applicants who have documented experience in the delivery of health care services and/or training of students in diverse and culturally sensitive environments.
TWG meetings and honorarium
We expect that this work will be completed within six months from the date the Technical Working Group is convened, and that the group will meet around three or four times using a combination of face to face meetings and video conferences. Appointed members will be expected to attend the first meeting which will be held at the APC offices in Canberra to gain a better understanding of the role of the TWG and to provide initial feedback on a first draft of the revised table of specifications.
Members will be remunerated by the APC as per the APC Remuneration Guidelines, and expenses paid as per the APC Travel Policy.
If you have any questions or would like further information please email the examinations team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6188 4288 between 9am to 5pm AEDT.
The EOI documents:
Applications must be received by the APC via email to email@example.com by 5pm AEDT on Friday 28 February 2020.